Re: A simple question

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 10:54:49 PDT

    On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:00:02AM +0200, v.demartino@tin.it wrote:
    > frontends and backends (1.0.4) and compiled them. Xscanimage, scanimage and
    > xsane now works great! But, the Debian Gimp package alone (I mean, another
    > deb package giving Gimp 1.1 only) I've installed isn't "integrated" in the
    > context.

    It doesn't work as Gimp-Plugin?

    Did you install the gimp headers before compiling xscaniamge/xsane?
    Are the links to xsane/xscanimage in your ~/.gimp-1.1/plug-ins/
    directory?

    > My question is as simple as that:
    > Starting from the very beginning of my story, let's suppose that I had
    > installed the original Debian package with the Gimp (1.1) and the Sane
    > frontends and backends (all 1.0.1), perfectly integrated and working (with
    > the exception of the scanner). Then, suppose I had compiled the 1.0.4
    > backends downloaded from the official site. Is it possible to make the newly
    > compiled backends 1.0.4 work properly with the older frontends 1.0.1?

    Probably yes. You should better remove (or move) your old backends to
    be sure to use the new ones. Otherwise this should work.

    Bye,
      Henning