Re: SANE API & file format

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 10:57:25 PDT

    On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 06:20:25PM +0530, shailendra mehta wrote:
    > I want to know how a scanned image can be stored as a jpeg/tiff/g3 format
    > file with sane api.
    > Because sane apis provide just a sane_read function which returns bytes
    > which are read till EOF.
    > But how to store those bytes in above mentioned formats that is unknown.

    Storing shouldn't be a problem. Just translate the data you got
    through the SANE API to whatever file format you want. Look at the
    source code of xsane for how to do that.

    However, sending data from the backend to the frontend using the SANE
    API as jpeg or any other non-sane format is not supported by the
    current sane standard.

    Bye,
      Henning