Re: Invalid argument

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 00:48:43 PDT

    On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 10:12:08PM -0400, Peck Dickens wrote:
    > However, I have a question: Is it normal policy on this list to curse users
    > who want to use SANE and attempt to embarrass them? I believe this hurts
    > the product and the reputation of those who work on it. Could someone in
    > authority on this list please clarify this issue.

    I'm not someone in authority ... But: I don't think Nick wanted to curse
    anybody. My impression is that he has some valid points in his postings that
    may be covered by rough language sometimes.

    In this case I think it is possible to understand the backendname:filename
    system by looking at the examples (README, scanimage -L) but it should be
    explained explicitely in scanimage.man and scanimage --help (see Olivers
    post).

    I will add a comment about this to the TODO list.

    Bye,
      Henning