Re: stupid questions (was: Invalid argument)

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 03:39:16 PDT

    On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 09:19:42AM +0200, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
    > I don't think there are any stupid questions you could ask - just
    > questions that come over and over again. If you (Nick Lamb) are tired of
    > reading them, just ignore them.

    Oh, the spammer's refrain. "If you don't like it just ignore it". There
    is a technical FIX for this problem. SANE is computer software, and can
    be adapted to tell the user what mistakes they're likely to have made
    when it encounters an error.

    I propose getting scanimage to tell the user what's going wrong. You'd
    rather answer all the questions yourself. <sigh>

    Nick.

    PS There is a reason this list no longer gets mail from users who don't
    know they need SCSI generic support. Is it because we finally told all
    of them, or because of my patch to find-scanner? Guess.