Re: Invalid argument

From: Peck Dickens (peck_d@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 19:12:08 PDT

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote the following:

    > > #scanimage --device epson:/dev/usbcanner0

    > When the invalid argument case occurs we should special case string[0]=='/'
    > and print an error message which asks the user to please READ THE
    > FUCKING MANUAL. Or better still, since today's users have been brought
    > up to expect hand holding at every turn, just print out five or six lines
    > explaining in detail what they did wrong.

    I joined this this because I use sane with a Fujitsu C600 and learned that I
    *liked* the product. I am by no means an "expert" with regards to SANE...
    I use this to list provide me with information... Plus I am currently writing a
    back-end for the Fujitsu ScanPartner10 and ScanPartner10C (I might add it's
    going pretty good too. I am about 1/2 way there...). Usually, I just sit
    back and read the posts on this list... Gleaning info that useful and etc...
    However, I have a question: Is it normal policy on this list to curse users
    who want to use SANE and attempt to embarrass them? I believe this hurts the
    product and the reputation of those who work on it. Could someone in authority
    on this list please clarify this issue.

    Best

    M. Peck Dickens