Good 2nd PCI SCSI Card?

From: Scott Moseman (scmoseman@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 15:07:30 PDT

    I am using a BusLogic PCI SCSI controller, and the latest 2.4-test kernel
    version (also has a sound card and a network card). I am
    attempting to use a UMAX Astra 2000 USB/SCSI scanner (SCSI mode).

    When daisy chaining the scanner on my BusLogic, I can get it to
    work okay for a few scans but it eventually locks up my entire
    system -- require a hard reboot and disk fsck. My understanding
    is that the SCSI bus gets hosed and craps out everything.

    I attempted to also install an Adaptec 2940 (for testing) along
    with the BusLogic card. They get different IRQs on bootup, and
    my diagnostics and Linux show the IRQ the Adaptec is getting is
    available (and I know it does not conflict with the network card).

    But when I get into KDE, all network connectivity stops. I have
    no idea why the two are conflicting with each other.

    Can anyone recommend a simple, peripheral PCI SCSI card that may
    work for running my scanner? I have USB support enabled, but I
    guess there is no real Linux USB support for my scanner (at least
    that I have been able to dig up and try).

    Thanks for any help,

    Scott Moseman
    scmoseman@hotmail.com