Re: Good 2nd PCI SCSI Card?

From: Joseph R. + Martina Eoff (j-m.eoff@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 10:50:30 PDT

    > Can anyone recommend a simple, peripheral PCI SCSI card that may
    > work for running my scanner? I have USB support enabled, but I
    > guess there is no real Linux USB support for my scanner (at least
    > that I have been able to dig up and try).

    I use an Initio 9100UW. This is an Ultrawide PCI SCSI host adapter.
    Actually, the box said NMC9100. NMC is a no-name reseller of PC
    peripherals. I had absolutely no trouble installing this adapter. Plug
    it in, modprobe initio, and Presto! SCSI! No fiddling with addresses or
    IRQs. The card cost about $40. Only drawback is that it has a high
    density fifty pin connecter for external devices. The cable to connect
    it to my Mustek 12000SP cost nearly as much as the card.

    Joseph