Re: Good 2nd PCI SCSI Card?

From: Remco Blaakmeer (remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 15:38:20 PDT

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Scott Moseman wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a simple, peripheral PCI SCSI card that may
    > work for running my scanner? I have USB support enabled, but I
    > guess there is no real Linux USB support for my scanner (at least
    > that I have been able to dig up and try).

    Use a cheap SCSI card with a Symbios 53c810 chip on it. I've got two SCSI
    cards. One is a Diamond Fireport 40 (UW, with Symbios 53c875 chip) and the
    other is a no-name card with a 53c810 chip. The scanner is the only device
    connected to the second card and this works just fine.

    I have never understood why people don't use Symbios cards instead of
    Adaptec. They are much cheaper and work (AFAICT) just as good.

    Remco

    --
    qn195-66-31-144:  12:30am  up 17 days, 44 min, 12 users,  load average: 1.44, 1.40, 1.30