Re: Error msg on startup

From: Russ Pitman (russ@tasman.net.au)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 18:38:27 PDT

    I have installed a UMAX Astra 2100s (scsi) on an adaptec AHA1520b card.
    This machine has replaced the 1220s out here.

    There is also a cd burner on the same scsi bus.

    This seems to operate ok, I am totally new to scanning so am flying blind
    as far as testing goes,but scans in black/white and colour can be
    viewed fine.

    Speed seems normal. Start to reset takes approx 49 seconds for a fullcolour
    a4 illustration.

    Using sane 1.0.3-1 and xsane 0.61-1 on Debian kernel 2.2.17 startup brings
    up the following message .

    -------------begin error msg.-------------------
    arjay:/etc# scanimage --list-devices
    [umax] WARNING: UMAX scanner Astra 2100S version V1.1 on device /dev/sg1
    is currently an unrecognized device, but inquiry seems to be ok.
    *** !!!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!! ***
    Please contact Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
    [umax] WARNING: UMAX scanner Astra 2100S version V1.1 on device
    /dev/scanner
    is currently an unrecognized device, but inquiry seems to be ok.
    *** !!!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!! ***
    Please contact Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
    device max:/dev/scanner' is a UMAX Astra 2100S flatbed scanner
    device max:/dev/sg1' is a UMAX Astra 2100S flatbed scanner
    arjay:/etc#

    It can probably be ignored but it would be nice to know so and if so the
    best way of stopping it would also be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    --