Agfa StudioScan IIsi

From: Jet Set Willy (jsw@manic-miner.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 01:20:24 PDT

    I have acquired an old Agfa StudioScan IIsi scanner and scsi card
    that I would like to try to get going under linux ( tested everything
    under windows - all kit is ok)

    scanimage -L seems to find the scanner ok -> 'microtek:/dev/sga'
    cat /proc/scsi/scsi seems to have the correct info which I use
    to edit the /etc/sane.d/microtek.conf file
    however when I try scanimage I get the error

    sane_start: Error during device I/O

    I am using sane version 1.0.2 so after working my way thru
    the sane web site I have downloaded version 1.0.4 which
    I shall try to install tonight when I get back home.

    Does anyone know what else I could try ? (I suspect that
    I might be able to get more info if I checked the logs ????
    is this correct and if so where are the logs ???)

    Finally I tried to search the archived mailing list messages
    but the search link is broken - anyone know of an alternative ?

    Thanks in advance
    JSW