Re: Problems with install

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:31:35 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 02:53:22PM -0000, Brian Schramm wrote:
    > I am running Debian Potato and I just got a scanner. The software that I
    > tryed to install is the one for 1.04 frountend and backend. The backend
    > worked without a hitch as far as installing it. The front end failed when I
    > tryed to install it. Here is the screen dump.

    [...]
    > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bschramm/sane/sane-frontends-1.0.4/src'
    > ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin /usr/local/share
    > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
    > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: `for program in ; do /usr/bin/install -c ${program}
    > /usr/local/bin/${program}; done'

    Looks like there is no program that can be installed. What is the
    output of configure? At the end there should be something like:

    * *
    * SANE-FRONTENDS configure status: *
    * - GUIs activated (xcam + xscanimage) *
    * - GIMP plugin activated for xscanimage *
    * *
    [...]

    If the GUIs aren't activated you probably missed some of the
    requirements (see INSTALL). If this isn't the case please send the
    full output of configure.

    Bye,
      Henning