xscanimage as gimp plug-in

From: Massimo Maiurana (maiurana@inwind.it)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 08:51:33 PST

    hi all,
    I'm using a mustek SE 6000 P and, willing to use it under
    linux, I downloaded an rpm of sane for mandrake-linux.
    after having installed and configured it to work with
    mustek_pp backend I tried to run xscanimage and found it
    worked fine :-)
    after this I thought,"why don't use it directly from the
    gimp?", so I made the soft link as described in the site,
    but when I try to run it from the gimp it segfaults :-(
    the worst thing is that now I can't use plain xscanimage
    no more, 'cause if I try to run it from the command line
    I get this message: "xscanimage is a gimp plug-in and
    must be run from the gimp to be used" <sigh>
    what can I do?

    --
     Ciao,
     -Massimo Maiurana