Re: xscanimage as gimp plug-in

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 06:40:26 PST

    On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 06:51:33PM +0200, Massimo Maiurana wrote:
    > after this I thought,"why don't use it directly from the
    > gimp?", so I made the soft link as described in the site,
    > but when I try to run it from the gimp it segfaults :-(

    Maybe your xscanimage rpm was compiled against some incompatible sort
    of gimp or other libraries. Either get an rpm that fits your
    installation or compile it yourself (you need the development packages
    of your current gimp and gtk libraries for that).

    > the worst thing is that now I can't use plain xscanimage
    > no more, 'cause if I try to run it from the command line
    > I get this message: "xscanimage is a gimp plug-in and
    > must be run from the gimp to be used" <sigh>
    > what can I do?

    Hm, the only thing you changed was the link in the gimp directory?
    This looks quite suspicious. Are you sure that there aren't ttwo
    different xscanimages lieing around or something like that?
    Bye,
      Henning