Re: xscanimage as gimp plug-in

From: Massimo Maiurana (maiurana@inwind.it)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 13:20:49 PST

    Henning Meier-geinitz wrote:
    >Maybe your xscanimage rpm was compiled against some
    incompatible sort
    >of gimp or other libraries. Either get an rpm that fits
    your
    >installation or compile it yourself
    I installed mandrake rpm's both for sane and gimp 1.1.2, so
    the only chance is to compile
    >Hm, the only thing you changed was the link in the gimp
    directory?
    >This looks quite suspicious. Are you sure that there aren't
    ttwo
    >different xscanimages lieing around or something like that?
    I saw only one hard link in /usr/bin and kpackage doesn't
    show any other, however I'll verify best

    SCC wrote:
    >I came to the
    >conclusion that you *either* take the distribution *or* the
    tarballs. You
    >don't seem to be able to mix the two.
    See above

    John Coppens wrote:
    >Check XSANE, this is the stand-alone interface for
    scanimage.
    >It's easy to use too...
    I will try it, even if using xscanimage from the gimp is the
    best way to me

    Thanks very much to all you guys.
    Ciao,
    -Massimo Maiurana