Snapscan 310 resolution problem

From: Timo Hoderlein (timo.hoderlein@wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 10:02:14 PST

    A few weeks ago, I had a colour problem with my Snapscan 310 SCSI. After
    installing sane-1.0.3 and the latest snapscan-backend, the colour
    problem has disappeared and it now works "in part":

    The scanning results in geyscale and color are fine. Unfortunately, the
    scanner makes a rattling noise while scanning on the whole range of
    "Greyscale lines per read". In colour mode the scanner works fine up to
    a resolution of 150 dpi. With the resolution at 200 dpi and 300 dpi the
    scanner just hangs when klicking on the Scan button. How about
    configuring the scanner for a higher resolution, because under Windows
    this scanner can scan at resolutions of up to 4800 dpi.

    Please, can anyone help?

    Best regards

    Timo