Re: XSane in fax mode

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 15:04:38 PST

    "Kevin H. Phillips" wrote:

    > May I ask a technical support question? I don't know where else to
    > turn. I recently upgraded to Red Hat Linux 7.0 and have not been able
    > to get XSane to work in fax mode (i.e., the modem doesn't initialize nor
    > does it send anything). I am a relative newbie to Linux; I've been
    > trying to learn it over the past several months. Could someone give me
    > some pointers on how to configure XSane (or, if I need to).
    >
    > Thanks for any help. Sorry for the off-topic post.

    Hi Kevin,

    xsane does not talk to your modem, it uses fax programs like
    mgetty+sendfax or hylafax. You have to set up one of this
    fax pograms. Don't ask me how to do that.

    When the fax program does work: read xsane documentation
    and enter all relevant info in menu setup notebook fax

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch