XSane in fax mode

From: Kevin H. Phillips (cicero@gte.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 13:58:23 PST

    May I ask a technical support question? I don't know where else to
    turn. I recently upgraded to Red Hat Linux 7.0 and have not been able
    to get XSane to work in fax mode (i.e., the modem doesn't initialize nor
    does it send anything). I am a relative newbie to Linux; I've been
    trying to learn it over the past several months. Could someone give me
    some pointers on how to configure XSane (or, if I need to).

    Thanks for any help. Sorry for the off-topic post.

    Kevin Phillips
    cicero@gte.net