Re: Porting Visioneer USB scanner on SANE issues

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 10:40:14 PDT

    > Let everybody know that I have ported Visioneer 8600 USB to SANE
    > it's now OK for 100DPI ,COLOR both for preview & scan using xsane but there
    > are tons of problems below need help:(
    > .Using XSANE I can not find MODE(Color/Gray/Lineart) selection

    Does it work with xscanimage and scanimage?

    > .In the menu, there is one item "resolution list", but i can not find any
    > list about that

    Normally you get a slider to change the resolution (if your backend has an
    option "resolution"). With this menu entry you can change the slider to a
    list with distinct resolutions.

    > .In menu, also two items about "standard option"&"advanced option", when
    > i choose, i can see a very small dialogbox popup, but it's so small that i
    > can
    > not stretch it to see contents

    This probably means you didn't define SANE_CAP_ADVANCED for any of your
    options.

    Can you provide a URL for the sourcecode for your backend? Maybe we can spot
    these problems when looking at the code.

    Bye,
      Henning