Re: will my scanner work

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 07:49:32 PDT

    Hi Tim,
    I have a 1212u (newer version that needs firmware upload). I have been
    having some problems with 1.0.3 getting color images to scan properly... I
    am working on a fix... It now seems to be working, but there is some
    discussion as to why it works... looking deeper for more bugs. You may want
    to try sane 1.0.1. My scanner worked out of the box with 1.0.1 patched with
    the usb patch. Step by step instructions are found on
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/henrikj/snapscan/
    Lawrence Glaister VE7IT email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
    1462 Madrona Drive http://jfm.bc.ca
    Nanoose Bay BC Canada