Porting Visioneer USB scanner on SANE issues

From: kwlee (kwlee@mail.pactech.com.tw)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 19:02:39 PDT

    Let everybody know that I have ported Visioneer 8600 USB to SANE
    it's now OK for 100DPI ,COLOR both for preview & scan using xsane but there
    are tons of problems below need help:(
    .Using XSANE I can not find MODE(Color/Gray/Lineart) selection
    .In the menu, there is one item "resolution list", but i can not find any
     list about that
    .In menu, also two items about "standard option"&"advanced option", when
     i choose, i can see a very small dialogbox popup, but it's so small that i
    can
     not stretch it to see contents
    .I can not crop the preview area

    As said above, it's only OK on 100 dpi, i have tried other resolutions(fixed
    setting in my backend), for example 150 DPI, it's very easy core dump my
    xsane,
    the debugging find it crashed on gtk progressing bar

    I have compared other backends with mine, i really can't find any
    differences.
    below is my environments:
    Mandrake 7.0
    But Upgrade Kernel to 2.2.16 with usb backport
    SANE-1.0.3
    GTK upgrade to 1.2.8

    Best Regards
    kw