Re: will my scanner work

From: Timothy Little (tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 18:32:02 PDT

    On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 10:02:15PM +0200, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
    > ... and I keep mixing up the file names... you have to remove the
    > #include-comment in snapscan.c and snapscan-scsi.c. I guess this is the cause
    > for the crash you experienced.

    I guess so too, because it no longer crashes! I had to add {"SNAPSCAN
    1212U",SNAPSCAN1236S} to the list of supported scanners, and then it
    worked perfectly! Great!

    When I was testing, I did make the mistake of specifying both
    "resolution" and "preview", and the scanner did not like that one bit.
    I had to shut it down quickly because it started making nasty noises.
    Fortunately it still works.

    It seems to work basically as well under linux as it does under
    windows. Better in some ways -- I can scan multiple images from a
    script and do nifty processing on them, with the only intervention
    needed being changing the document and pressing <enter>.

    Thanks for your help -- the scanner was the last piece of hardware
    attached to my computer to work under linux.

    - Tim