Re: io error on xsane

From: bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 09:51:06 PDT

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > bob van der Poel wrote:
    > >
    > > Okay, I now have both my ide-scsi cdrom and the scanner working. It will
    > > not work from boot, I have to manually do a modprobe for both the
    > > ide-scsi and lha152x.... I ended up copying my old conf.modules file to
    > > do this...and I'm sure there's a conflict somewhere. Any ideas
    > > appreaicated.
    > >
    > > But, big problem now is that sane doesn't work. It's not my scanner,
    > > etc: scanimage and xscanimage both work fine. However, xsane comes up,
    > > but when I try to scan (or get a preview) I get a popup saying "i/o
    > > error". Any ideas on this????
    > >
    > > Oh, this is using sane 1.0.3 and xsane .61
    > >

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > it looks like the ide via scsi driver makes problems - I already
    > heard of these problems.
    > The problems will not only occur with xsane but it is possible
    > that they occur more often than with xscanimage.

    Okay, I disabled all the idi-scsi stuff. There was an append statement
    in my lilo.conf, the fstab file had an automount line, and the
    conf.modules had the ide-scsi stuff as well. I'm pretty convinced that
    there are no idi-scsi modules in memory. This makes absolutely NO change
    to xsane. Same error message "Failed to start scanner...". Still,
    xscanimage works fine.

    So, what else can I check?

    --
       __