Which scanner to buy?

From: Mario Wolff (sane-mailing@voll.prima.de)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 00:00:45 PDT

    Hello out there!
    IŽam planning to buy a new scanner because my mustec 800IIsp is to slow with
    linux (is it, or not?).
    The most important thing is that the scanner has to be FAST.
    I donŽt need a high resolution (min 320 dpi) and the truth of the colour is
    not so important (my printer prints all a little bit red). It should have a
    SCSI-interface or better SCSI AND USB for future use. It should be available
    in germany and shouldnŽt be too expensive (up to 600,-DM).
    Is there anybody who can tell my which to buy?

    Mario Wolff

    P.S.: Sorry for my special kind of english language! I hope my question is
    still clear.