Re: Acer Prisa620ST woes and hope

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 02:02:21 PDT

    Steffen Kluge wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    > I bought the Prisa 620ST a couple of months ago, tried to get it
    > working and gave up after I consistently got kernel panics from
    > the SCSI host adapter modules (atp870u with an ACARD card and
    > aha1542 with an AHA1542B). The panic string was "Foooooooood
    > fight!" in both cases.

    This is a problem inside the Linux kernel. The panic occurs in the
    aha1542 driver, if the program using the driver has declared a maximum
    buffer length of more than 32768 bytes. The problem is fixed with the
    most recent SG driver (http://www.torque.net/sg). With Sane 1.0.2, you
    can also avoid the kernel panic by either setting the environment
    variable SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE to 32768 or by running configure with the
    parameter --enable-scsibuffersize=32768.

    Abel