Re: SnapScan

From: Mentore Siesto (s135989@studenti.ing.unipi.it)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 03:37:37 PDT

    On Tue, 2 May 2000, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:

    LvD >> To anyone using the SnapScan driver: > > How well does it
    LvD >function for you right now, and which model scanner do you >
    LvD >have?
    LvD >
    LvD >I have tried it with the Agfa SnapScan 1236S. It works without
    LvD >problems in b/w-mode, but colour has the infamous RGB-offset.

    Actually I work with the CVS unstable february 2000 release: it has got
    the old 0.6 release, I didn't see the RGB offset. Maybe, I didn't look
    carefully to the scanned images... I will try later with SANE 1.0.2, with
    the 0.7 release of the backend, but I had some problems.

    To be plain complete: when I did make, it stopped every now and then
    saying there was an internal error. I tried to continue with make, and it
    stopped three or four times, but finished in compiling on the fourth
    attempt. Now the question is: does it work, or are the libraries and the
    frontend broken due to compiler internal problems which made gcc crash? I
    tried to remove all optimizations, and every time had the same result...

    Keep your windows closed!

    --
    Mentore Siesto
    Team OS/2 Italia