Re: SnapScan

From: Russ Burdick (grub@extrapolation.net)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 08:03:43 PDT

    On Tue, 2 May 2000, Steve Underwood wrote:

    > If the SnapScan driver is a poor orphan, then maybe I'll do some more work on
    > it. I don't have any other scanners to try my resulting code with, though.
    >
    > To anyone using the SnapScan driver:
    >
    > How well does it function for you right now, and which model scanner do you
    > have?

    i've got an acer prisma 310S. it scans/prieviews, but the image is very
    distorted. by doing very small scans (<64kb) you can get the begining of
    the image to come through somewhat clearly, but then it just degrades into
    static. the backend does see to talk to the scanner ok as it moves around
    fine and is able to scan a specified region, however i havent been able to
    test that too thoroughly due to the quality of images it produces.

    as for the poor orphan issue, i'd be glad to help out with at least the
    310S portion, but i wont be able to touch it for another couple
    weeks. hazards of grad school :)

    Russ