Acer Prisa620ST woes and hope

From: Steffen Kluge (kluge@fujitsu.com.au)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 23:00:36 PDT

    Hi everyone,
    I bought the Prisa 620ST a couple of months ago, tried to get it
    working and gave up after I consistently got kernel panics from
    the SCSI host adapter modules (atp870u with an ACARD card and
    aha1542 with an AHA1542B). The panic string was "Foooooooood
    fight!" in both cases.

    Somehow it escaped me at that time that there is a SANE mailing
    list...

    Anyway I found the list now, read my way through the archives
    and got the impression that the scanner should be working (with
    or without transparency adapter). This gave me new hope and I'll
    try again ;-)

    Is there anything obvious I could have done wrong? The SCSI
    panics seem to point to a very basic problem. Curiously, the
    scanner was recognised and reported correctly when the host
    adapter initially scanned the bus, but when sg was loaded later
    on, the vendor, device type and model strings contained
    garbage. Trying to scanimage -T or --help triggered the kernel
    panic.

    I was using snapscan version 0.8 and sane version 1.0.2 with a
    2.2.14 kernel, btw.

    aTdHvAaNnKcSe
    Steffen.

    --