Re: New Mustek backend (0.75)

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 15:30:59 PST

    Hi!

    > My hardware is a Mustek ScanExpress 12000 SP (firmware 1.01) with a DTCT
    > 436-P scsi-adapter that came along with the scanner and 128 MB RAM.

    This is a DTC 3181E card, isn't it? If you are using the Linux SCSI driver
    g_NCR5380 please have a look at the SCSI tips at the Mustek backend page
    (http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/).

    > Scanning in gray or color mode does not work good. Scans with a
    > resolution above 150 dpi in gray mode are horizontal shifted and look
    > like a puzzle.
    > Scans in color mode even with a resolution of 75 dpi are horizontal
    > shifted, have some horizontal stripes and the color is not correct.

    Possibly a SCSI problem. Try tuning options (see SCSI tips).

    If you scan only a small area (some cm wide) will the image be shifted, too?

    Bye, Henning