Can you advise on All-In-One machines (incl. scanner!)

From: Kasper van Benten (kbbenten@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 12:52:24 PST

    Hi SANE people,

    I'm looking to buy a all-in-one machine that among other things prints and
    scans. Wonder what I should look for if I want the machine to be supported
    by Linux/SANE. The scanners in the Hardware list generally seem to me like
    'just scanners', not the so called all-in-ones. The model I'm currently
    looking at is a Xerox WorkCentre 470cx, that (I think) is a parallel port
    one, with 300dpi color scanning capability. See info at:
    http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/products/overview.jsp?id=470cx&cat=%2fEquipment%2fFaxing%2fSmall+Office+%26+Home+Office

    Off-topic, I'd also like to hear from people that have used a Xerox printer
    with Linux or any All-in-one machine.
    Any tips (incl. linux-supported alternatives to this machine!) are much
    appreciated.

    Thanks
    Kasper