Re: xsane as root

From: Jeff DeFouw (defouwj@purdue.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 12:22:28 PST

    Here's a semi-good reason to allow root:

    If xsane can't run as root, anyone trying to use musteka4s2 with it will
    not be able to do so. The I/O routines presently require root to enable
    parallel port I/O privileges. Eventually I'll get around to using
    /dev/port or /dev/parport# and maybe those will help with running as a
    user, but right now I'm swamped with other work. Some of the other
    parallel port backends have this problem also.

    --
    Jeff DeFouw <defouwj@purdue.edu>