Re: xsane as root

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 10:30:12 PST

    Jesper Anderson wrote:

    > * To make sure that any problems aren't caused by lack of permissions.

    For that you do not need xsane, scanimage does work for that.

    > * Because I _need_ to scan this, and I can only log in as root, for
    > reasons noone else need to be bothered with.

    That is no reason, you simply say you don't want to tell your reason - if you have a good one.

    > * Because I know what I'm doing, and I want to!

    That also is no reason.

    > * Because when I try the newly installed xsane out (as root) to make
    > sure it works, I'll spend forever trying to find the fault if you
    > break it for me.

    If scanimage works (as root and as normal user) there is no need to test xsane as root.

    All your "reasons" is exactly what I thought before of the people who always run everything
    as root. They are simply to lazy to add a user and sometimes enter a "su -".
    The problem is that because they are too lazy I get much more work and that is not fair!

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch