Re: Microtek ScanMaker630 broken?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:48:55 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 11:50:21PM +0200, Matthias Hessler wrote:

[...]

> However, 24bit Color doesn't quite work properly. All my scans end up
> with basically only two colors: a neon green instead of black, and
> pink instead of white. Except for those colors, the picture pretty
> much looks like the 8bit Gray one.
> I wonder whether this is a problem of SANE/the Microtek2 backend, or
> more likely a defect of my scanner?

I have the same problem with my own ScanMaker 630, and I suspect an
oddity in the firmware, where the Windows software somehow works around.

Normally the colors are correct, but with a color scan after a B/W scan
I get the same wrong colors. Up to now the only way I found to get the
colors right again, when they are wrong, is to start a grayscale scan.
After that all subsequent color scans are ok again. I am working on this.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de