Film scanners (was Re: Nikon Coolscan SCSI commands)

From: mh (crapsite@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 11:53:23 PDT

    Jonathan Buzzard, Die, 17 Jul 2001 :
    > crapsite@gmx.net said:
    > > Does someone know a webpage, where one can find test-images for
    > > different scanners/film types (before they are processed by vuescan,
    > > of course). Or could someone supply those images?
    >
    > My guess is that Ed Hamrick spent a lot of time, effort and money getting
    > those profiles. Reproducing them for a free Sane front end is not going
    > to be easy or cheap.

    That's quite clear :)
    (BTW, writing a sane frontend, even an insane one, requires a lot of effort and
    time too)
    I was actually just looking for some "raw image data" for testing.
    If it's possible to get useful results by manipulating this data with the Gimp
    (as Karl Heinz Kremer describes on his homepage), then it should be possible
    to integrate this functionality in a sane frontend.
    Therefore all I'm looking for is someone who is willing to
    -turn on his/her film scanner
    -do some scans with sane
    -put the resulting images on his/her web-page
    -mail me the link

    Sorry if I'm asking too much.

    Michael