Re: compiling xscanimage on Solaris 8

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 11:51:17 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:03:33AM -0400, Michael K Bender wrote:
    > Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > > One idea: Try to add "#include <sys/varargs.h>" in
    > > sanei/sanei_init_debug.c". I don't know if this helps...
    >
    > I tried this, along with changing "#include <sys/syslog.h>" to
    > "<syslog.h>" and got the following results:

    [same error in principle]

    > The only real difference is that adding varargs.h redefined the
    > va_start function. I looked through the varargs.h header, and indeed
    > va_list is a macro that is defined here. However, something must not
    > be getting completely defined because as I trace through the header
    > file, there should be no case where it does not get defined. I
    > couldn't find which header file calls the stdarg_iso.h That header
    > file itself says that it should only be called by other header files,
    > and I haven't been able to find out which one, but, this is only a
    > warning. Then again, it looks like it is a warning that is causing
    > make to choke and die.

    This one is an error, only the syslog and isfdtype things are warnings
    (everything without "warning:" is an error).

    Sorry I don't have any more ideas. As sane-backends compiled without
    these probleme maybe you want to compare the files between
    sane-backends and sane-frontends, but there shouldn't be major
    differences. You may also compare the command lines for the compiler
    for sanei/sanei_init_debug.c between sane-frontends and sane-backends.
    Maybe there is a difference.

    I have changed sys/syslog.h to syslog.h in CVS but this isn't the real
    problem.

    Bye,
      Henning