Re: scanjet 5200c usb and redhat 7.1

From: Jonathan Trites (tritesnikov@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 01:49:07 PDT

    I looked at these two files and the scanner is mentioned in both. The
    thing I'm wondering about is in /proc/modules. Here are the
    relevant lines:

    scanner 6464 0 (unused)
    usb-uhci 20368 0 (unused)
    usbcore 48352 1 [scanner usb-uhci]

    From what I can guess, is it the fact that the "(unused)" is there? Is
    that what tells Linux not to recognize my scanner? Should I delete the
    "(unused)" and if so what should I put there or what else should be
    done?