Re: yet another release

From: Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida (moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 01:42:55 PDT

    On Tuesday 03 July 2001 20:43, you wrote:
    > Hi list,
    >
    > here's the next release of the hpusbscsi driver. Scatter/gather should be
    > implemented now. In this state the driver may be marginally useful.
    > find-scanner will detect the scanner now. scanimage unfortunately does not
    > like the scanner.

    Hello, just to say that:

    a) release-0.0.1 detects Scan Dual II without problems;

    b) I tested the behaviour of vuescan, which should theoretically work "out of
    the box" with a "scsi" device and it detects the scanner, but waits for over
    10 minutes and then times out. It correctly identifies the scanner, but fails
    to show the "properties" (dpi, etc).

    The logs show that when the program times out it is waiting on a read, but I
    understand that for the promised behaviour of version 0.0.1 this is normal. I
    will try version 0.0.2 tonight (but before I will check for updates).

    Regards