Re: canon

From: Ulrich Deiters (ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 09:29:29 PDT

    > From: lee <lee@imyourhandiman.com>
    >
    > Ulrich Deiters wrote:
    >
    > > The SCSI version of the FB620 is covered by our modied backend
    > > (see ftp://stthd0.pc.uni-koeln.de/pub). If the FB620U is an USB
    > > device, this will not be helpful.
    >
    > just out of curiosity..is the usb version somehow more important technology
    > wize to canon that it simply has not released specs as it were..
    >
    > darn.......i love this scanner too but i might have to ditch for
    > epson/hp..:(
    >
    > thanks :)
    > lee
    > -====

    Dear Lee,

    Canon is just as generous with USB support information as with SCSI
    information: They won't tell you anything.

    I still wonder where Mitsuru Okaniwa got his programming information
    for the FB620S, but he built the specific features for this scanner
    into the new Canon backend. If you know how to make your computer talk
    to an USB device, the new backend might give you some inspiration.

    Regards,

    Ulrich