Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Paul Nixon (pnixon18@home.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 11:53:55 PDT

    Well I found a surprise. The sane library was linked to v4l and v4l isn't
    even in the dll.conf???? How did that happen?

    Anyway, I have *fixed* the scanner not found error I received earlier by
    relinking libsane.so.1 to libsane-snapscan.so.1.0.4.

    Now, any chance someone might know what's causing my scanned image to look
    like it's been put through the shredder?? Once again, greyscale and lineart
    are fine. Color looks like it scans a bit then staircases, scans a bit, and
    so on.

    I thought xscanimage was a frontend to scanimage. Is this not so? Scanimage
    produces a perfect scan. Xsane-0.76 is also shredded, just not quite as bad.

    Paul Nixon