Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Paul Nixon (pnixon18@home.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 11:23:55 PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Hopefully I'm on the right channel.

    Anyway, I too have the problem with scanimage -L says there's a scanner
    attached and I can scan an image, but xscanimage says no scanner attached.

    I'm running Mandrake 7.2 with a 2.4.1 kernel, Acer 620UT USB scanner (this
    used to work fine), Sane-1.0.4.

    I found a dll.conf and snapscan.conf under /usr/local/etc/sane.d and I've
    checked them both. In the dll.conf file everything is now commented out
    except snapscan. In snapscan.conf I added scsi Color and changed the
    /dev/scanner to usb /dev/usb/scanner0. Should I change it to something else?

    All the best,
    Paul Nixon