Re: SV: Xsane - (w)insane?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 09:07:19 PDT

    On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:17:18AM +0200, Morten Sickel wrote:
    > BTW, Are there any easy way to define which drivers to compile in the
    > Makefile?

    Yes, just remove all the drivers you don't want to compile in
    backend/Makefile.in (PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS). After that, run configure.

    > my proposal:
    > If nothing is done: compile everything as now
    >
    > add possible swithces to ./configure --with-scanner-hp --with-scanner-agfa
    > etc.
    >
    > read dll.conf, compile only those dlls that are not commented out.

    I don't think we should do this. The first thing is too complicated
    (add an option for each backend). And I'm sure we will get questions
    from people that have forgotten to compile a necessary backend on
    sane-devel.

    > Of cource, this makes it a bit more difficult to change / add a scanner, but
    > how often happens that?

    About 2-3 per release. It's complicated enough to check a new backend
    and add all the necessary entries. I don't want to add one more item
    that may be forgotten.

    Bye,
      Henning