Snapscan ... again

From: regis rampnoux (regisr@pobox.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 07:22:52 PDT

    Hello!

    I am trying again the snapscan backend with the 1236S.
    With xsane-0.75, xsane crashs after previewing.
    With xscanimage I can scan in greyscale but in colors the transfered data are
    not the same at each try. (one time I can see something but the image was in
    few bands...)

    I tried with the backends 1.0.4 + patch "01-transparency.patch" (see mailling
    list last month) and with the snapshot snapscan-20010411.
    Is the problem in the pipe?

    %xsane
    [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 2.
    [snapscan] add_device: error opening device /dev/pass3: Invalid argument
    [snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: waiting for scanner to warm up.
    [snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: performing scanner self test.
    [snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: self test passed.
    [snapscan] TxSource_get failed status:5, ndata:1278, ndata2:1230 ndata3:48
    [snapscan] calibrate: reading calibration data
    [snapscan] read_calibration_data: snapscan_cmd command failed: Error during
    device I/O
    [snapscan] calibrate: read_calibration_data command failed: Error during device
    I/O
    [snapscan] sane_snapscan_start: calibration failed.
    [snapscan] NOT doing an inquiry to get scanner parameters
    Incident de segmentation