Re: Snapscan ... again

From: Nick Robinson (npr@bottlehall.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 04:30:01 PDT

    On Tue, 08 May 2001, you wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I am trying again the snapscan backend with the 1236S.
    > With xsane-0.75, xsane crashs after previewing.
    > With xscanimage I can scan in greyscale but in colors the transfered data are
    > not the same at each try. (one time I can see something but the image was in
    > few bands...)
    >
    > I tried with the backends 1.0.4 + patch "01-transparency.patch" (see mailling
    > list last month) and with the snapshot snapscan-20010411.
    > Is the problem in the pipe?

    Hi

    I am having the same problems as you are. I've been trying to get help from the
    mailing list for about six weeks but with no success.

    I can scan a whole page in using scanimage in colour but anything smaller often
    fails in the same way you say. It never works using xsane or xscanimage.

    Regards

    Nick