Re: No SANE Devices Found

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 09:46:09 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 10:57:07AM +0200, Thomas Gebhardt wrote:
    > I figured out (when I had a look at the sources) that the generic
    > 2.4.3 Linux USB Sanner driver cannot handle the LT 9452 because
    > only scanners with "two or three USB endpoints" are supported.
    > The LT 9452 has just one "USB endpoint".
    >
    > My background knowledge about USB is too limited to get an idea
    > about what that means. So I returned the scanner back.

    I don't know much more but I think usually there is a bulk write, bulk
    read and maybe a control endpoint. E.g. the BearPaw scanners ahve only
    the two bulk endpoints and use them for transfering commands and data.
    Probably your scanner uses only the controll endpoint and "Misuses" it
    for data, too.

    Bye,
      Henning