Re: hp scanjet IIcx

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 06:37:11 PDT

    On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 02:03:22PM +0200, herwig verbeke wrote:
    > Could not run SANE test program, checking why...
    >
    > ERROR: SANE is needed for compiling sane-frontends

    Probably more information is in config.log. Did you look at the
    INSTALL file? There are some hints. Try to add /usr/local/lib to
    /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

    > make [1]: Entering directory '/root'sane-frontends-1.0.4/src'
    > ...make installdirs /usr/local/bin /usr/local/share
    > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token ';'
    > /bin/sh: -c: line 1: 'for program in ; do /usr/bin/install -c ${program}
    > /usr/local/bin/${program}: done

    This means that no graphical frontends could be compiled. Probably
    this is because gtk couldn't be found. There should be a message about
    this in the configure output. If you took gtk from your distribution,
    also install the header files (probably gtk-devel or something like
    that). If you compiled it manually the entry in ld.so.conf mentioned
    above should work.

    Before trying again, run make distclean just to be sure.

    I will try to change the make file for better error reporting.

    Bye,
      Henning