Re: hp scanjet IIcx

From: herwig verbeke (herwig.verbeke@skynet.be)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 05:03:22 PDT

    As I am not familiar with working with source RPM, I tried to install sane
    from sane-backends-1.0.4.tar.gz and sane-frontends-1.0.4.tar.gz.

    Editing /sanei/sanei_scsi.c and ./configure, make and make-install of
    sane-backends-1.0.4 went OK. However I have problems when running
    ./configure for sane-frontends-1.0.4:

    First ./configure gave following error message:

    quote

    The sane-config script installed by SANE could not be found. If SANE was
    installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in your path, or set the
    SANE-CONFIG environment variable to the full path to sane-config

    unquote

    I then added /usr/local/bin to the path. When I ran ./configure again I got
    a new error message:

    quote

    Could not run SANE test program, checking why...

    ERROR: SANE is needed for compiling sane-frontends

    unquote

    I then ran ./configure --disable-sanetest (without really knowing what I was
    doing) and now ./configure and make completed, but make install aborted when
    it got to making_install in src, as follows:

    quote

    make [1]: Entering directory '/root'sane-frontends-1.0.4/src'
    ...make installdirs /usr/local/bin /usr/local/share
    /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token ';'
    /bin/sh: -c: line 1: 'for program in ; do /usr/bin/install -c ${program}
    /usr/local/bin/${program}: done
    make [1]: *** [Install] Error 2
    make [1]: Leaving directory '/root/sane-frontends-1.0.4/src'
    make: *** [Install recursive] Error 1