Memory on scaning.

From: Brian Schramm (bschramm@schramms.yi.org)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 08:18:14 PDT

    I know that my machine is old and I am pushing it but I am just wondering if
    this is a problem because of a lack of memory.

    First the machine:
    Pentiom 133 with 80 meg of ram
    SCSI hard drives and IDE Hard Drives
    Debian Potato with Helix Gnome and KDE 2.1
    HP scanjet 5p scsi

    Now for the problem:

    If I try to scan a page in GUI mode using scanimage or xsane the scanner die
    mid scan. If I get rid of the gui I can use scanimage to do a scan. But I
    still cannot use xerox to do a copy.

    This appears to be a lack of memory but I just want to be sure. I am
    upgrading machines so I will have more memory but I want to make sure that the
    upgrade will fix my problems..

    Thanks

    Brian

    --