Re: [snapscan] new version snapscan-20010411 of the backend - success with Agfa 1212U_2

From: Klaus-Peter Schrage (kpschrage@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 07:34:23 PDT

    Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2001 16:54 schrieb Sebastien Sable:
    > there is a new version of the snapscan backend available at:
    > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/snapscan/snapscan-20010411.tar.gz

    Hello,
    yesterday I have compiled and installed this new version under sane 1.0.4.
    Until now, I always had problems with my AGFA Snapscan 1212U_2 when scanning
    with the gui frontends (xscanimage, xsane) in color mode.
    With the recent driver version (20010319), the gui backends would'n't even
    run at all (always segmentation fault).
    But now, xscanimage and xsane suddenly scan nicely, in all available
    resolutions up to 600 dpi.
    Thanks, Sebastian and all the others who have contributed.
    Klaus-Peter schrage