Newbie question: High-speed scanners?

From: Ajay Shekhawat (ajay@cedar.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 14:39:09 PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone on this list has experience with a high-speed
    scanner which can do, say, 60ppm duplex in 256DPI greyscale.
    I need to interface to such a scanner for a project, and if possible I'd
    like to use Linux even if it involves me having to write a SANE backend
    for it (in the process, I'd give something back to the Linux community..) :-)

    Thanks,

    Ajay