Newbie - Question on SANE

From: Rainer Hantsch (rainer@hantsch.co.at)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 07:35:19 PDT

    Hello, all!

    First I want to tell you that SANE on my SuSE 6.4 works basically fine since I
    replaced the ACARD controller, which was included at my Acer Prisa 620ST, by
    an Adaptec 2904 controller. -- I use the Snapscan driver.

    I also made a lot of scans of pictures meanwhile and I got familiar with
    xscanimage. -- Really a great thing!

    What I do not know, is how to use the scanner's transparency feature. The
    620ST is the same as the 620S, but it has an additional light in the cover
    to scan dias, but this light is OFF and I find no option to switch from normal
    mode to transparency mode.

    Is there a way to scan transparent images, too? I would like to trow Windows
    out completely, but currently I have to start Windows for scanning
    transparently!

    Please, leave me a note.

    Thanks in advance,

      Ing. Rainer Hantsch

          \\|// Ing. Rainer HANTSCH - Hardware + Software
          (o o) Your Partner - Your Supplier - Your Friend!
    Ing. Rainer HANTSCH | e-Mail: office@hantsch.co.at
    Khunngasse 21/20 | www : http://www.hantsch.co.at
    A-1030 Vienna | Tel. : ++43 - 1 - 7988538 0