Re: Writing Fujitsu M3091 backend

From: Frederik Ramm (frederik@remote.org)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 16:21:55 PST

    > So do you have any software that meets your needs?
    > We develop a range of scanning software and are always open to hearing
    > users needs.

    Well I haven't tried Tom's "scanadf" yet but I believe that with a bit
    of shell/Perl scripting wrapped around, it will do exactly what I
    want. (Apart from the OCR which is another issue. If anyone has a
    non-interactive OCR engine for Linux that will work on image files,
    even if it's commercial, please do tell! I am aware that without
    manual intervention, there will never be 100% accuracy, but my intent
    is to store the bitmap images along with the text and use the text for
    searching/browsing only, so that even if the text contains errors I'll
    always be able to get back to the bitmap. - My experiments with gocr
    and ocre have been very unsatisfactory.)

    Michael has also pointed out that his "QuiteInsane", although being a
    graphical front-end, offers considerable batch processing options.

    Are you suggesting that some of your software might satisfy my
    requirements "out of the box"? If so, feel free to send me an URL via
    eMail .-)

    Thank you,
    Frederik

    --